Today’s low unemployment rate has made the talent pool smaller and smaller, making it very difficult for employers to hire candidates that have the experience and skill sets they are seeking. This has been a common theme in our previous blog posts. We are becoming increasingly aware that to find these sought-after candidates, we must provide them with opportunities that are hard to refuse – especially in skilled trades!
Here is just a small sample of skilled trades positions and their corresponding national salary averages based on current Glassdoor reports.
- Equipment Operators include operators of heavy equipment. The national salary average for these employees is $42,060.
- HVAC Technicians and similar positions have a national salary average of $43,660.
- Welders, ironworkers, and metal fabricators are experienced and certified in MIG, TIG, STICK, and other specialized areas. The national salary average for these employees is $43,639.
- Diesel Mechanics include mechanics who perform maintenance and repairs on diesel vehicles – 18-wheelers, heavy equipment, and trailers. The national salary average for these employees is $45,920.
- Foremen include construction site or other industrial building site supervisors. The national salary average for these employees is $50,859.
- CNC Programmers or programmers of industrial machinery have a national salary average of $60,879.